Tuesday, April 14, 2009
I Have A Dilemma
I've been telling myself for some while now that I am going to start getting up at 6:00 a.m. However, I have discovered that it's impossible! I can't do it. I set my alarm for a little before six and for the next hour I periodically hit the snooze button. There has to be some way of acheiving this task. So I googled it. And this is what I found: http://www.badlanguage.net/how-i-trained-myself-to-get-up-earlier-in-the-morning. I also found this: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/04/how-to-get-up-right-away-when-your-alarm-goes-off/. And finally this: http://zenhabits.net/2007/05/10-benefits-of-rising-early-and-how-to-do-it/. The third article is my favorite so far. I think that I'll take parts from all three and see how it works. I've decided that in order to help me achieve my goal, I'm going to blog about it. I find that whenever I blog about something, like the mountain of laundry, I always feel guilty if I don't work on it after telling you that I will. Hopefully the guilt factor will help in motivating me. Everyday I'll track my progress and give you periodic updates on how I'm doing. My goal is to start getting up at 6 everday, maybe not the weekend, and then eventually 5 so that I can have more time to go to the gym. Wish me luck! Oh and if you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am with you on the early mornings, I've tried for years to get up early, or even on time for some things, but its just not in my being to do it naturally. A little while ago my Bradford found this alarm clock that helped me a lot. Its something you download to your computer and this is the website: http://www.ornj.net/citrus/ there's a free 30 day trial but I found that it never expires... it just asks me occasionally if I want to buy it :S I probably will... eventually... I'm rotten. Anyway, you can sync it with the music on your computer and it plays whatever song/songs you choose at the wake up time and it starts softly and then gradually gets louder and louder until you get out of bed and shut it off. I put it in the other room so I'd be less inclined to go back to sleep. Its not fool proof, I DO find my way back to that snuggly bed on some occasions but its pretty good if you want to try it out! Now, I'm done with my novel :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I'm defiitely going to try it out. Thanks!
ReplyDelete