Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our Garden

I've been wanting to plant a garden so last Saturday we did. We took Pioneer Woman's raised garden plan and made some adjustments. We added chicken wire to Ribeye proof the garden. We filled some flower beds that he had completely dug up with some nice rubber mulch and added some flower pots. We also bought some hanging plants to add to the front and our back patio. We planted all sorts of vegetables, and herbs. I don't thing we really knew what we were doing or foresaw the damage that Ribeye could cause. It's been a week and the red rubber mulch has been strewn about and the whole redug and deeper and bigger than ever before. Plants from the garden unearthed, the chicken bent and mishapen, wooden steaks strewn about. I had to move my flower pots to the front of the house because on the first day he knocked one over and threw the flowers about. Needless to say there is no such thing as "Ribeye proof". Anyway here are some nice pictures before all the destruction.





2 comments:

  1. I want a garden so badly! I think I'm going to grow a little herb garden in my kitchen to satisfy my urge a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to resort to a kitchen garden too, Ribeye completely destroyed our garden within 72 hours. That chicken wire was no match!

    ReplyDelete