Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Ok so I have A LOT to write about! I have been really busy it seems like, but then I look back and realize that I actually wasn't that busy. I've decided instead of doing a bunch of small posts I'll just do one long one. Anyway, here is a recap of the past few days.



Thanksgiving
As I mentioned I ate A LOT of food, slept A LOT, shopped A LOT, and spent time with A LOT of family. There were a total of 23 people at our Thanksgiving feast hosted by my dear sweet mother-in-law Linda. It was lovely.

Mac Call's 80th!
Friday the Call clan gathered at Mac Call's favorite Golden Corral and feasted some more (2 days in a row of feasting! My pants couldn't take anymore, and I spent the rest of the weekend in my fat pants). It was a lot of fun! Mac Call (Jacob's grandfather on his mother's side) was given a special book written by all of his children and grandchildren. They had all written in a small insert of some favorite memories of their father/grandfather. It made me cry. I'm a baby. My Grandfather LeRoy May passed away when I was only 2 and my Grandfather Robinson lives in England, I can count the times on one hand that I remember seeing him, last of which I was 18. So I've never really had much experience with Grandfather's and it was so touching to read beloved memories and stories of my husband's grandfather. I hope that our children will get to spend oodles of time with both of their grandparents. Oh, and we can't forget the singing. It's not a true Call family gathering without some sort of song and dance, usually by the Call sisters. I even caught some of it on the camera before the battery died...don't be mad Linda!







Christmas Decorations!
Jacob and I rearranged our living room furniture last week before we left for Roswell. I love rearranging, it makes an old space feel new! We wanted to make the fire place in our living room feel more like a focal point and plus we needed somewhere to put the Christmas tree! Everyday I do a few decorations, adding a bit here and there. This year we have 2 trees! I love it! I'll post pictures when I am completely finish which hopefully will be this weekend. Jacob has been waiting for the weather to clear up so that he can hang the lights, maybe tomorrow before the Kelly Clarkson concert...



Snow
Jacob and I got home from Roswell on Saturday about 1ish, it started to rain a few hours later, and didn't stop until Monday night when rain became snow. This is the lovely view of the Organ's. Then this morning I went out to the car and was so surprised! Fog! Lots of it! It was lovely! Now it really does feel like Christmas, and it's the perfect way to kick off the month of December!




Washer and Dryer
We bought a new washer and dryer! I love love LOVE them! Best Buy was having a great sale before Thanksgiving and we just couldn't pass it up! I have been doing a ton of laundry and guess what? I have run out of things to wash!! I don't think that that has ever happened! Lexi likes the washer too, since it's a front loader she sits and watches it. She's so cute! Oh and I have really bad lighting in my bathroom, sorry for the yellow...






Ok I think I got it all in, here is what we have coming up the next 2 weeks, Kelly Clarkson, Ward Christmas Party, Jacob's Graduation (Woo Hoo!), Relief Society Ornament Exchange, Finals, and lots of cookie baking! Happy December!

1 comment:

  1. hiya! this is the first time i visit your lovely blog :-) love the way you write and those photos are starling (especially the one with children and granpa (?) - it has a real vintage feel!!!

    happy friday, xx

    ReplyDelete