Friday, July 23, 2010

I've Got the Itch

I felt pretty bad for a little while. It wasn't even July yet and I was already thinking about Autumn. I had started counting down the weeks and days, when really I should have been thinking about the 4th of July. I don't remember ever getting the Fall Itch so early, but in my defense I'm pregnant and it is oh so very hot!! Then to top it off I went to Hobby Lobby to buy a few things for a 4th of July craft and they had already started putting out their Fall and Christmas items. My heart started skipping and I had to look away. I kept pushing my cart and walked past quickly. I knew that if I had stayed and started looking through the aisles, then I'd be in really big trouble. Summer would be ruined for me. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the last month or two of Summer because I'd be too busy pining over Autumn. Lucky for me I was able to go to the Black Hills in SD and get some relief from all this heat. It was so beautiful, and gave me just a taste of Fall, that I think I'll be able to survive the last month of Summer. I've made sure to eat lots of popsicles and am staying inside as much as I can, I don't even care about a tan this year...besides I'm too fat now for swimsuit, my bum would be all over the place and trust me no one wants to see that. Hope you are enjoying this last stretch of Summer break, for me school starts in less than a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment