Monday, December 6, 2010

This Christmas

Last Christmas I was 22, and full of energy and excitement for the Holidays. This Christmas I’m 23 and 9 months pregnant. I am still just as excited about Christmas as ever BUT I just don’t have the same priorities I guess. Last year I was really into decorating…this year I am not. My mom came for Thanksgiving and I LOVED having her here. She helped my decorate my tree while Jacob and my dad hung lights outside. I put up some of my other Christmas decorations but to be honest I still haven’t taken down all of my fall stuff. I plan on doing it this week, but I don’t think that I’ll be adding too much to my Christmas décor this year. I just don’t want to have to deal with putting it all away. What I really want to do is spend my days doing laundry and baking cookies. I can’t stand having even the tiniest mess in my house right now…it really irks me. Which if you know me is not like me at all. The cookie part though is so me.

So for this Christmas since I will be about 39 weeks pregnant we will be staying at home alone. I think Jacob and I are actually looking forward to not traveling, not having guests over, and just doing whatever we want. We’re still planning on going to the plaza for carols on Christmas Eve and having tamales, but that’s about it. Christmas day we might just order pizza and go see a movie. Christmas this year for me is about giving gifts to those we love, watching Christmas movies and just thinking about our Savior. It’s surreal to think that this will be our last Christmas without children, but it’s exciting to think that next year we’ll have a little toddler pulling ornaments off the tree. I just have a different view of Christmas this year, and I’m thankful for the loved ones in my life I’ll be sharing it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment