We had a pretty big group of family and friends over to help celebrate. Our good friends Wes and Amanda and their cutie patootie 2 month old Glen came all the way from Albuquerque to help celebrate. Steven, Anita, and their 2 girls drove up from Las Cruces, and Jacob's aunts Debbie and Lisa came from El Paso. Not to mention all of the family that are already living in Roswell who made it. It was pretty special. We had pulled pork sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit salad, potato salad, and orange soda. I made a yummy white cake with homemade frosting (www.ourbestbites.com).
After we ate, we watched a slide show that Jacob and I put together of Jaxon's first year. Then we opened gifts. There were so many! After Christmas and his birthday, Jaxon's room is jam packed full of toys. Then of course cake! Jaxon had a lot of fun playing err I mean eating his cake. It was such a fun party!
I just can't believe that my little man is now officially a toddler. It is definitely bitter sweet. Here is what he's been up to the last month.
1.Christmas obviously has to be first. He was so sweet and cute playing with all of his new Christmas toys. It was definitely a special Christmas for us.
2. Walking. Bugaboo is walking! The goal was to have him walking by his first birthday and he made it!
3.Lots of snow. We had a beautiful White Christmas.
4. Roswell Zoo. Jaxon and I took a walk around the zoo and got to see some fun animals. Jaxon was fascinated by the ducks!
5. Technically this happened after he turned one but Jaxon met his newest cousin Ivy. She was born the day before his birthday but he didn't get to meet her until a few days after.
6. Glen came to visit for the first time! Jaxon enjoyed showing Glen how to spin the toys on the bouncer.
It's been a crazy/fun/exciting/emotional year and I am so excited to see what this next year has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment