Yikes! It has been way too long! I apologize to the 1.5 of you who actually read my blog. Let me give you a quick update and then on to the meat and potatoes of the post.
1. I turned 25! I thought that maybe I might wake up this year and actually look 25, but nope. Maybe next year will be the year that I start looking (and acting) my age. To celebrate I got to spend a weekend with good friend Kristen. We were neighbors when I lived in Montana and now she lives in Boise. It was awesome getting to spend time with her. Jacob took me out to dinner at Red Lobster and we had Red Velvet cake at my in laws. It was a great birthday!
2. Like I mentioned Kristen came to visit. We spent a day in Albuquerque, took a quick day trip to Ruidoso, and just plain caught up. I love that girl!
3. Valentine's Day. Jacob and I had a picnic in the living room, with the fire, sparkling cider, and a heart shaped pizza. It was a nice low key night. Perfect.
4. Jaxon and I spent a week in San Diego with my mother; Steven, Anita and the girls; and Malcolm. Jaxon loved the beach (if only it was warmer!) And I got to go to H&M and IKEA so I was happy. Although, we did miss Jacob. We even got to be with Grandma May (my mother) on her birthday.
And lastly Time Out for Women. This is the meat. This weekend Jacob was kind enough to stay home with Jaxon so that I could go to Albuquerque with my MIL, her 2 sisters, and my SIL Aubrey. It was an amazing experience. There were some awesome speakers like Heidi Swinton who talked about Thomas S Monson, Anthony Sweat who spoke on Charity, Deanne Flynn, and Laurel Christensen (my favorite) who talked about living in the now and not wasting our time "waiting". We also got to hear amazing performances by Jenny Oaks Baker and Hilary Weeks.
This weekend was exactly what I needed. I have been feeling worn down, a little overwhelmed, under accomplished, lazy, and unmotivated.I needed some reassurance and some encouragement. I feel revived and ready to begin living my life again. I've set goals for myself and have also made decisions about some changes that need to be made in my life. I'm looking forward to what is to come. One of my goals is to keep blogging and to try and keep you updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment