Friday, March 6, 2009
The Big Black Dog
Funny story; the other day I decided that I was going to try to take Ribeye for a run. I thought that as long as we were constantly moving it would be easier to keep him from trying to run to other dogs. It was working out really well, except that Ribeye is in way better shape than I am, lol, and dang fast too! So eventually we turned our run, which was more like me constantly trying to catch up to Ribeye while still trying to breathe normally, into a walk. We found ourselves in the neighboring neighborhood (i couldn't think of a better way to explain the locale) where there is this really nice shaded walk. We walked the entire path only encountering a few dogs, which I had to use alot of strenght to try to keep Ribeye moving forward along the path. The end of the path opened up on to a regular residential street which we had never been on before, this street had a couple of houses where dogs were barking and enticing Lil Ribs, but I'm kind of used to dragging him along by now, although he is about 60 pounds and incredibly strong. Little did I know or expect that at the next house lived the BIG BLACK DOG. I was dragging Ribeye keeping my head forward on the street, when I turned to look, and there was this HUGE dog as fluidly as you can possibly imagine coming over the fence, and it was high too, towards Ribeye. Ribeye was all excited and just wanted to go play with this ferocious dog, but the BIG BLACK DOG, obviously did not want to play. I was honestly scared that this dog was going to maul Ribeye. It played through my head like a movie, me standing in the middle of the street yelling for someone to call 911 while this dog viciously attacked Ribeye, and there was blood. So with all my might and strength and pleading, picture the World's Strongest Man competition where they pull the big semis, trying to get Ribeye away from this huge dog, who hadn't yet lunged for Ribeye's throat, and thankfully neverdid. I somehow managed to keep Ribeye from getting to close and dragged him safely out of reach of the BIG BLACK DOG. Ribeye didn't seem phased by it, but I was still a little shaken and Ribeye and I returned promptly home, although Ribeye did still continue to try to make "new friends" along the way. I think from now on Jacob is going to have to "walk" the dog, and we'll definitely make sure to stay away from the street with the BIG BLACK DOG.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment