It seems like for a long time I've just been going about life in a very normal sort of boring way. I've desperately been waiting for life to begin. When I got married I remember thinking "this is it, this is when life begins", and then nothing really changed, except my name, and I lived with a boy. Then I remember thinking "ok when he graduates, gets a job, buys house, that's when life begins...I can't wait!" But I've realized that life has begun. I'm already living, and if I'm not careful it's just going to pass me by and when I'm 60 I'll be thinking "where did life go?" So I've decided to make a list of how I'm going to live my life in the next 30 years.
1. Love more, better, and deeper.
2. Laugh
3. Smile, who cares about the wrinkles?!
4. Keep my body healthy, watch what I eat and exercise more.
5. Spend more time with my family and friends.
6. Read more, I want to read the Modern Library's top 100 novel list, I started in high school and only made it to 6.
7. Take Ribeye for more walks.
8. Spend more time outdoors.
9. Wake up earlier.
10. Be a better employee.
11. Study the scriptures more.
12. Graduate college.
13. Stop stressing about money.
14. Travel, ALOT.
15. Learn to play an instrument.
16. Learn another language.
18. Keep my house clean and organized.
19. More bubble baths!
20. Be a better friend.
21. Buy a house.
22. Give more hugs.
23. Floss better.
24. Start my own business.
25. Be more punctual.
26. Bake more. I used to bake cookies all the time, now I can't even remember the last time I did.
27. Tell my husband I love him more often.
28. Make my bed everyday! I know it's not impossible.
29. Go to the temple more.
30. And for the big one, start a family, the kind with babies, not dogs, and hopefully I'll be an amazing mom.
I know that if I just start trying to live better now that eventually all of the things that I've been waiting for will just fall into place. Plus, I'll be a happier and better person for it. So here's to the next 30 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment