Saturday, April 25, 2009
Saturday in Lubbock
Last weekend Jacob, Ribeye, and I drove up to Roswell. We got there on Friday night around 8. We only had one mishap, we stopped in Alamo to let Ribeye out for a break, but he somehow got away from me, and we ended up chasing him around for a little while on the side of the road. We finally enticed him with some water and managed to get him safely back in the car. I'm sure we were a sight to see. On Saturday morning we got up and drove to Lubbock with Jim and Linda in there new swanky van. It made the trip alot easier having a dvd player and comfy head phones! We made it to Lubbock in good time. We did a session at the Lubbock temple. It was a beautiful temple! It's a smaller temple, it doesn't even have a distribution center, and is located in the same parking lot at the Stake center. It was so pretty and charming, I really liked it. After a wonderful session we headed over to lunch at the Olive Garden. The food was delicious, even though Linda informed us that alot of the dishes were over 2,000 calories! When we had finished our yummy lunch we headed over to the mall to do some shopping. Jacob and I almost bought a Kitty, but we new it would be hard riding 3 hours in the car with Ribeye and a new kitten, so decided against it. On Saturday we were back in Roswell and spent some time at G&G's with Jacob's family, but not before our nephews played with Ribeye. He somehow managed to jump up on the trampolene! It was too funny watching him spread all four legs out trying to stay still while the boys kept jumping! Sunday morning we drove back to LC. Jacob and I both had talks to give in church that day. I spoke on Elder Scott's talk about temples http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-15,00.html, and Jacob spoke on Elder Ballard's talk on learing from the past http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-15,00.html. It was a great weekend and we had a great time! Here's some pics of the Lubbock temple. 



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment