I've been wanting to become more Green and Earth friendly, and so in honor of Earth Day I made a concious decision to be more aware of my choices in products and what not. Like a few months ago I bought a reusable water bottle, and I have basically only used it to give the dog water at the park or when we're on a hike. Everyday at work I use a new paper cup and throw it out at the end of the day. So instead of letting Ribeye use my water bottle I'm going to start using it myself. And I've decided to buy more organic. Like the other day I bought organic milk, and although it was a little more expensive I still thought it was delicious, and I read that organic milk is way better for you than regular milk. It has more Omega 3 and stuff like that. Jacob thinks I'm crazy and a bit of a hippie I'm sure, but hey I always wanted to be a hippie! In order to get him all into the Green Scene, I'm taking him to Earth (the moviehttp://disney.go.com/disneynature/ ) today. Anyway, I've comprised a list of things to do to help me be more Green:
1. Use my re-usable shopping bags. I made Jacob buy them at Sam's a while ago and I always forget them!
2. Buy organic dairy and produce and where ever else I can afford.
3. Use organic or natural cleaning products, Clorox came out with a new Green line.
4. Use my re-usable water bottle!
5. Unplug chords when they're not in use, I think it's referred to as phantom energy.
6. Plant a garden! I'm doing this one this weekend.
7. Shop at the Farmer's Market more often.
8. Make sure I use all of the lotion, shampoo, conditioner, etc. before I throw it out.
9. Use recycled products, like paper and even tinfoil.
10. Recycle!
So there you have it, my 10 ways to be more green. Going into effect in approximately 1o seconds. Maybe you'll find my list useful, or maybe you have some suggestions to add. Happy Earth Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment