Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big Plans for the Weekend

I'm a little scared to say this, in fact I'm not even sure why I'm doing it, but here goes... I'm excited/ looking forward to/ can't wait to clean my house this weekend. I have granduer plans of cleaning out the fridge and pantry, organinzing all my cupboards, doing laundry, cleaning out the garage, organizing my hallway closet/linens and bedding, and gasp getting rid of a bunch of clothes. I know myself pretty well, and I know that odds are I won't complete this daunting task this weekend. I know that by Saturday my ambition will putter out and I'll probably sit around watching an SVU marathon. But I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't putter out, I'm hoping and praying that it just gets bigger. I have grand ideas of making labels, and having an empty laundry hamper for the first time in my married life, and hanging up all the pictures that are stacked in my closet. I have high hopes that everything in my garage will find it's place and home, even if that home is the garbage. I am tired of being lazy, and I'm tired of my house not being perfectly organized. I am determined to change my ways and Jacob's. Oh if he only knew what I have instore for him this weekend, he might divorce me on the spot. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds exhilarating. I get into modes every now and then when I just want to redo everything and make everything just right. Every now and then... usually I'm wading through piles of clothes and searching for that one casserole dish that I KNOW I just washed the other day... But I can't wait to have my own place and start over from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's what i thought too, as soon as we movie into our bigger new place everything will be perfect and neat! ha! everything just ended up a mess in the garage, and the inside is a little scattered, but not too bad, it just needs a little time and care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I had a similar mood and ended up cleaning my office. It looks great now, but the living room is now housing homeless items...

    ReplyDelete