Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jacob's 23rd Birthday

Tuesday was Jacob's 23rd birthday. I made him my very first from-scratch cake. It was two layers with coconut frusting. It would have been delicious except that I accidentally used baking soda instead of baking powder, which actually makes a huge difference! But Jacob was a sweetheart and ate it anyway. Here's the link to the recipe, it was surprisingly easy. We had a yummy dinner at the Stateline in El Paso, and played the slots a little at Sunland Park, don't worry Linda, we broke even. Jacob says thank you to everyone who sent cards and gifts!

I made him smile for this one!

Lexi liked the frosting!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Brianna! I have YET to successfully make a cake from scratch. I blame my oven, but my biggest fear is that the problem is really me... because my roommate has made several cakes from a box. I don't know what it is but I am determined to get it right. The batter always tastes great but then it comes out of the oven tasting like nasty baked eggs... Weird I know. And I've tried a bunch of different kind of cakes but they all end up tasting and looking the same: disgusting. :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i know cats i think Lexie and Farnsworth would have a good time together....eating things meant for human, not caring if they get caught

    ReplyDelete