Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dior DiorShow

One of my favorite things that I've bought from SEPHORA is my Dior DiorShow mascara. Now granted I haven't bought too many things, yet, but this one is good, it's real good. First let me explain. I am a mascara junkie. I love it. It's my go to make-up item. I've tried tons of differents ones. I've tried the little teeny tiny brushes that are supposed to get all of your lashes; the c shaped ones that are supposed to help curl em; the ones where you put on the "nourishing" white coat first, and even ones with a tint. I've tried, clear, brown, brown black, black, really black, black with sapphire, etc. I've tried, AVON, Maybeline, CoverGirl, Clinique, Physicians Formula, Almay, E.L.F, etc. Out of all of those I'd have to say I really really like this one. I can't say for sure why I like it but I do. It doesn't get clumpy which is good, actually that's great. It's dark which is also good because I love love love black lashes. It also seems to get all of my lashes, even the ones in the corners that are hard to find. I like it so much! I'm not saying that you have to go out and buy it, but you might want to! Here's the link to it on the SEPHORA site.

6 comments:

  1. We share a weakness/addiction/love :). I too have tried TONS of Mascaras and it is the one makeup I HATE to go without. I tend to baby my lashes since about a year ago they were totally trashed and almost nonexistent. Thanks to a few key products however, they have regrown and are way longer and fuller than they've ever been. I am picky about my mascaras now though, since I don't want to ruin my lashes again. I am currently using a MAC mascara that's great because it doesn't have any 'tar' like most mascaras so its healthy, but then I wear a clinique one on top of the MAC one because the MAC one is a great protective base but it doesn't do much structurally. But I am always in the market to try new ones!!! I love mascara... Have you found that it smudges more than any other mascara? I read some of the reviews and that was one of the biggest complaints about it. And fear of smudging is why I wore nothing but waterproof for seven years... which is also what killed my lashes... anyway, I digress, does it smudge a lot? Is it hard to get off your lashes once you actually want it off? I want to try it... but at $24 bucks a pop I'm kinda a weenie... Would you say its worth it?

    Eeek, sorry for the monologue! But I wanted to go over the pros and cons with someone who gets it. Bradford just isn't well versed enough in cosmetics to be a good enough bounceboard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... Uhm, I'm now embarrassed that my comment is longer than you're actual post... can we say long-winded? :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. $24 for a mascara was scary to me too, the most i've paid is probably $15, but i was really wanting to try this. the only problem i have with it besides the price is that it does smudge a little on the bottom lashes, but i am a firm believer in my clinique eye make up remover and q-tips. i've never tried mac before but i've heard good things about their products...the nice thing about sephora is, if you don't like it you can send it back for a full refund! p.s. i like long comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. suggestion: You mentioned all these different types of mascara you've tried, how about a list of pro's and cons of those? My weakness isn't mascara...it's shampoo and conditioner. I heard recently, can't remember where though, that if you're going to spend money on hair products you should spend the big $$ on shampoo instead of conditioner. Maybe I heard it on John Tesh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. no i heard it too, but on msn.com. i saw on yahoo yesterday a list of the top drugstore shampoos and guess which ones was #4? organix! when i was looking at buying the mascara, i read alot of the reviews, and the stuff that people were saying was bad i thought was pretty miniscule, i think what really got me was that it's designed for the runway! i know i'm such a sucker! oh and julie, i think they make it in waterproof... maybe we should make a join blog and that way we could all list what our pros and cons are lol, we could do a different product every time from makeup to laundry detergent, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's how I found about my miracle lash-regrowing stuff. I read a blog that was just a bunch of girlfriends that each tried different brands of a product (ie, mascara, shampoos, etc) and then after like a month trial or something they each posted their "review" of the product. Wish I could remember that blog now... And I think once I get that paycheck in my account tomorrow, I might just have to try that Dior stuff. Although, I'm going to steer clear of the waterproof (yes, I have a complex) and just use it on my top lashes and my regular routine for the bottom! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete