Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our Little Monkey

Lately Lexi has been climbing the tree in our backyard. She's gotten very good at it. She runs straight up the trunk in about 1.3 seconds, as Ribeye watches in envy, he can't climb the tree.


This is our tree in the backyard...

Jacob says she looks like a panther...


Ribeye wanted in on the action...


Yesterday Jacob came into the house "Brianna! Guess where Lexi is, see if you can find her..." then runs out the front door. I thought maybe she was hiding in one of the huge bushes in our front yard, but no. She had climbed the HUGE tree in our front yard. Jacob assures that when he saw her she was only on the first limb, but when I saw her she was on oh about the 15th. She was way up there!

He tried to coax her with food, but she was no fool...Jacob tried to climb up and get her, but his bum was too big...

If you look closely you can see her reaching her little paw out to him...

I was not about to call the fireman so I climbed up there myself to save day. She wanted to come to me but I wasn't quite close enough to grab her comfortably off the limb, the branches were getting thinner and thinner. So I grabbed her little leg and yanked her off the branch (that sounds so mean, but it had to be so). Then I realized "how the heck am I going to climb down with her?" Then Jacob said "drop her, I'll catch her, it's shorter than the distance to the couch." You see whenever we leave out the front door (which is really the only way to leave) Lexi makes a beeline for the front door, so Jacob grabs her and then tosses her on the couch and we hurry and shut the door. So reluctantly I dropped my little kitty through the branches and luckily he caught her. She was in big trouble! And she's never allowed in the front yard again.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA, I'm sorry, but that's hilarious! I love animals. What a crazy cat you have. I bet she's a doll though.

    ReplyDelete