Today, after reading hours and hours of Joys of Home, I was inspired! I made a list of all the things I needed to pick up today. I started to write Fall but my brain was thinking Halloween and I wrote Falloween, silly me. Joy is and avid thrift/dollar store shopper, and let me tell you her home is lovely! I haven't been in the dollar store since I got married and was shopping around for photo frames for all my wonderful wedding photos (by Brooks Photography). I wasn't really expecting to find anything, but I did! Look at what I found!

Then after hitting up Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart, I went home to start on my projects! First I made this...
I got the idea from Joys of Home. I didn't buy enough wooden balls to fill the whole vase so I added the candy corn, because who likes to actually eat that stuff anyway? Then I set about putting up all my Falloween decorations, I still need just a few more to make it complete but I'm close. 










Then after hitting up Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart, I went home to start on my projects! First I made this...
This is one half of my mantle, the other has a wedding photo, my boquet, stuff like that, I just can't bare to put it away...
This is the ledge above the hallway entrance, normally it looks just like this, sans the leaves.
This is the shelf above my TV, something is missing obviously, tomorrow I'll add some fall flowers, I think.
I put my project on one of the DVD stands in between some fall colored candles.
This is my monster, I bought him from Cracker Barrel was I was 18, isn't he cute?
This is the treat cart, Ribeye treats (they're running a little low), Lexi treats, and Jacob treats.
Salt and pepper shakers! I got these for cheap at Wal-Mart, what I really want for the table is a fall runner, I think I have something that might work, I just need to find it.
My coffee table is looking a little dusty...and fallish! I added some fall accesories to my everyday candle display.
This was originally hanging on my door, but I moved it in inside, I like how it looks with the lights on.
It looks pretty good with the lights off too.
Finally the froont door. I'm going to add some pumpkins and gourds.
Happy Falloween!
How fun! I love fall decorations. I had to refrain this year though, I figured I'd spend the money on getting my apartment put together before I started doing seasonal decorations. I'll just live vicariously through you :)
ReplyDelete