It's weird, for the first time in a while I feel oddly satisfied. Not that long ago I wrote about wanting, and dreaming, and blah blah blah. And yes I want and dream those same things, but in a different light. Those wants and yearnings feel less pressing and more of a calming "in time" feeling. I feel less rushed, less overwhelmed, less longing, and less dissatisfaction. I feel FULL. Full of Life! I have come to love the place in our journey where Jacob and I are. I feel empowered, inspired, content, and so many wonderful things. I have goals, but they don't feel overwhelming. They are realistic and make me excited about everyday, and are ridiculously simple, so I don't feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. I know you're thinking "what brought about this change?" Well it's not a magic herb, or sparkling water, or some wonder fruit. It's blogging. I've never had many girlfriends, just a few close ones, and since being married it seems that I have even less. My family lives far away. I work with 4 grown men, and that's it. I have good friends who are all in different places, both location and life wise. Sometimes I feel lonely, especially when Jacob works late. Sometimes I feel tired and overwhelmed and underwhelmed. But lately I don't feel lonely. I've found women who inspire me everyday. I've met them through the blogosphere.
Read NieNie, she's an amazing woman, and inspires me constantly.
Read Joys of Home, she's a lovely woman, who has taught me how to make my house a home and love every bit of it, even the messy bit.
Read Pioneer Woman, she's a hoot! She's taught me so much and I am always finding something new and interesting.
Read Something To Do, she's a crafty mom who makes me want to create; crafts, memories, my dream home, and life.

Some may think it's odd that I've come to this new sense of fulfillment through reading about other women's lives, but I think it's amazing. I think it's wonderful that this thing called blogging brings people from all walks of life and situations into each other's lives so that they can learn and grow from each other. I think it's beautiful, and I like it.
I love reading other's blogs, too... don't feel weird! Nie Nie is my most favorite- i love her pictures and her adorable children... today's nie blog was especially hilarious. anyways, thanks for the new blogs to read.. i already love the Joy of Home one after you mentioned it and Something To Do has captured my interest! hooray for blogs!
ReplyDelete