Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Almost Here!

It seems like November has just flown by. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Next week is the big Turkey day, and I love TURKEY. I love fall and all that brings, you know this. But I am having a hard time resisting the early Christmas bug. It's everywhere! You can't go in a store without being hit full in the face with a Christmas display. I don't really mind too much though, I LOVE Christmas. I just have to not let myself get to carried away though. Thanksgiving is also a very important holiday. To keep the Christmas bug at bay I've added some Thanksgiving touches to my fall decor. I love them! Also, I've allowed myself a few early Christmas indulgences, like listening to Christmas music, hot chocolate, and wrapping presents. The decorations are all going to wait til after Thanksgiving. I was driving home the other night, and I saw a fully lit Christmas tree in someone's window. I couldn't believe it! So in the spirit of Thanksgiving here are a few pics of my additions, and a wonderful video. Enjoy!
I added this scarecrow to the mantle (JoAnns for like 5 dollars)
This pumpkin was a Hobby Lobby 80% off purchase, it now sits on the tv stand.

This is my favorite! I've been dreaming about the Harvest piece ever since I saw it, but it was $35! Then a few days ago I dropped into Hobby Lobby and all there Fall stuff was 80% off, score! The pilgrim couple I got from Cracker Barrel for $6 and the turkey, which I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a turkey was also Hobby Lobby, candles were from the previous Falloween display.

No comments:

Post a Comment