Do you ever find yourself thinking about something that has absolutely nothing to do with what you are presently doing and then you smile or laugh and then quickly look around to see if anyone noticed? Ok well maybe it's just me, but I did just that today, and that is why I'm writing this. I have no idea why, but for some reason I was thinking about when Jacob and I drove all the way up to Utah for my brother's MTC entrance. While we were there we drove even farther north to Burley Idaho to visit my lovely Aunt Margie. On our way back to Utah we stopped in Treemonton and had dinner with Jacob's old missionary companion Elder Bee. Thinking about the two of them sitting in a booth in a little diner laughing and talking about people and places that I knew nothing about, old companions, and swinging from vines in the Brazilian forest, I was reaffirmed why I love Jacob.
I love how when he laughs really hard, it's not a loud roaring laugh, but a quieter one, that makes his face turn red and his eye crinkle and tear up.
I love all of his silly little dance moves.
I love how he is determined to kick himself in the head.
I love that he took me to The Time Traveler's Wife even though I knew he would hate it.
I love how he brings me lunch.
I love that he lets me drive the truck, even though he was the one who walked to campus for months.
I love that he didn't give me a hard time when I kicked him out of the closet and moved his clothes to the spare bedroom.
I love that he takes me to the movies every week.
I love that he goes to the store/mall/farmer's market with me and carries all the heavy stuff.
I love that he gets things for me when I can't reach, or when I don't want to get up.
I love that he lets me leave the fan on at night, even though he gets cold.
I love that he has to check the mail everyday, even if it's 10 o'clock at night.
I love that he takes the trash out to the curb every week without me asking.
I love the way he is with his nieces and nephews...it's so stinkin' cute.
I could go on and on but I won't bore you, or make you sick. It's true what they say, it is the little things that matter. Here is a picture of us shortly after we started dating, I already knew then that I was going to marry him. Every time I see this picture, I get that same goofy smile.

It really is the simple things that count! You guys are super cute!
ReplyDeleteIts funny how certain things stick out to us. I love those things.
ReplyDelete