Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day 2010

Today is Earth Day. I love Earth Day! I have quite a few plans for Earth Day this year, but guess what? It’s raining! I was going to plant flowers and clean up the yard, but like I said…it’s raining! So my Earth Day plans are pushed back to Saturday. Hopefully we’ll be able to take Ribeye to White Sands, and plant my flowers that day. Also, I want to go see Oceans another Disney movie. Although, I watch Earth and cried! And I don’t mean like light tears, I mean full on crying, with snot and everything…it was so sad. Jacob looked at me like I was crazy. I don’t want to ruin it for you if you haven’t seen it, but all I have to say is Oceans better be happier or I don’t think I’ll be able to handle it. This morning I read a blog about a woman who cut out paper towels from her life. Her and family now use rags made from old towels and tshirts in stead. I was so impressed. I’m considering it myself. I think it would be kinda hard at first, but I’m sure it would be well worth it in the end, think about all the money saved. I also think that I’m going to buy a bike this weekend. I’ve been wanting one ever since my trip to Minneapolis. Maybe this will finally be the time! Go plant a tree, drive less, use your own shopping bags, buy a reusable water bottle, and save the planet!

2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by this no paper towels idea. I go through paper towels like oxygen. I should totally just have a stash of rags. Maybe I'll get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a follow up, here is the link to the post about no paper towels.http://granvillehouse.blogspot.com/2010/04/rag-time.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+granvillehouse+%28320+*+Sycamore%29

    ReplyDelete