Monday, April 26, 2010

Recap 101

Here’s what’s up in our lives right now.

This weekend Jacob and I planted some flowers, herbs, and tomatoes. After last years garden disaster we stuck to pots and are keeping them in the front yard.

We bought some patio furniture and have eaten pretty much every meal since outside. I love grilling our food and eating outdoors, it’s so nice! I only wish that our backyard wasn’t a big pile of dirt :(


They finally turned on our air conditioner! Yay! It’s been starting to get really warm and I was beginning to think that they were never going to do it, but they finally did and I am in heaven. I better enjoy it now because if you know how swamp coolers are you know I won’t be in heaven when it hits 100 degrees here.

We used to have this old dresser in our bedroom. It was one that Jacob had growing up. I was grateful for the furniture since we’re poor college students but I just wasn’t loving the look. After finally buying the matching armoire and dresser for our bed I decided it was time to make a change to the dresser. I love how it turned out! I have never painted furniture before, and I’m not gonna lie. It didn’t turn out perfect, the paint is a little uneven in some places, but for the most part it’s much better than I anticipated. I bought the super cute container on top from Target. It’s part of the Liberty of London line. I bought a larger one for my closet, it houses all of my winter scarves.

This is the last week of classes for the semester and finals week is next week. It’s so nice to have classes winding down, although I am finding it hard making it to all of them. I cannot wait for Summer break!

We went to Roswell a couple of weekends ago and got to spend some time with Jacob’s family. I like going to Roswell. We always end up playing cards and I always end up spending way too much money at Hobby Lobby. Ribeye loves going to Roswell, he spends all weekend playing with G&G’s dog Lucky. They are best buds! We also managed to stop at Bottomless Lakes and let Ribeye swim for a bit. He just loves the water!

I teach primary. I teach the 4-5 year olds, and I used to teach the same kids when they were Sunbeams and moved up with them. However, we have a small younger primary. On a good day there are 7 3-5 year olds and I get to teach all of them. I do have a partner now though and it makes things so much easier! This week there were 8, and they were super hyper! Here are my cuties (one didn’t want to be in the picture, and one is a visitor). I took the picture because 3 of the kiddos are moving, and I wanted them to have a picture of the class to take with them.  

Well I better get back to my Netflix, it’s calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment