Friday, July 23, 2010

South Dakota and Montana

Jacob and I drove all the way from Las Cruces, to Lead SD. It was a 15 hour drive. It was long. SD was beautiful though! My parents rented a cabin for our family and we spent Friday-Monday exploring the area. On Friday we met up with Sapphira and Andy and went to Bear Country USA. They have over 100 black bears in the park and we probably got to see all of them, it was so fun!! Then that night the girls went out to Deadwood for all you can eat crab legs and prime rib and some penny slots! It a great bachelorette party! Saturday was wedding day and that pretty much took up the whole day. Sunday we went to Mount Rushmore and drove around Custer State Park. I couldn't get over how pretty it was, even though it rained on us the whole time we were at Rushmore. Monday we spent the first part of the day wondering around Deadwood and playing some penny slots. Jacob and I took one of those old time photos. I thought it was fun dressing up and posing...Jacob thought different but he was a good sport. Then we drove about 6 hours to Plentywood, MT where my parents live. Tuesday the guys went gopher hunting, and the girls went grocery shopping and to the park. Wednesday we drove out to Westby to see Sapphira and Andy's new house. Then drove another 40 minutes to Crosby, ND for pizza. The pizza was delicious!! The guys and girls split up after lunch...the guys went fishing and the girls went home to get ready for the birthday party. Jacob caught the most and biggest fish...I was so proud of him! That night Sapphira and Andy came home from their HM. We grilled up some burgers, had a pinata, ate some cake and sat by the fire pit. It was a lovely evening! Thursday was the reception, and we all had fun dancing and eating yummy food. The dill dip was amazing!! After the reception I took Jacob to the Sunset Drive In and we watched the A Team. I don't think Jacob was to keen on watching a movie in the car, but I thought it was fun. Friday morning we packed up all our stuff and drove 5 hours to Billings, MT for the Big Sky State Games. My daddy and 2 other of his Border Patrol agents were competing in the power lifting competition. My daddy got gold in all four of his events. We were so proud of him, and wore matching shirts to show our support. Over all our BP guys took home 13 medals. The competition was on Saturday and after the awards ceremony we went to the mall and did a little shopping...I bought my first pair of Maternity Pants. I couldn't believe how comfortable they were when I put them on. Then on Sunday we got up bright and early and drove another 15 hours to Roswell to pick up our pooch. My parents gave us their pop up trailer and towed it all the way home. We spent Monday morning taking Trevor (he came to stay with us for a few weeks) to the UFO museum and around Roswell. We finally rolled into town around 6:00 Monday night. It's so good to be home, but so hot!



























No comments:

Post a Comment