To heck with keeping blogging promises. I am not good with schedules. Not good at all. I am a pretty unorganized person. How unorganized? I keep Jaxon's birth certificate in the junk drawer. I keep telling myself I'll do better, I'll make promises and keep them, I can be one of those fancy organized people who have day planners. Bah! I have learned better. This is my schedule. Wake up in the morning, chase Jaxon around all day, feed Deacon about every 3 hours, go to bed at night. If I'm lucky there will be meal making, and laundry washing and house cleaning in between waking and sleeping hours, and if I'm really lucky a shower. So no more promises about blogging. I'm just going to post when I feel like it and no longer feel guilty. I mean it has been over 6 months.
Anyway, did you catch that part about feeding Deacon? That's right baby number 2 has made his debut and he is oh so perfect. I love his chubby cheekies, his chunky thighs, and oh those blue eyes, I melt. He also has the most perfect smile with the cutest dimples, and tons of hair. I love him.
Jaxon has done so well with Deacon. They are going to be best buds, I can tell. Having a new baby has really warmed my heart. There is just something about that adorable little baby that gives me so much hope for life. I often find myself day dreaming about packing school lunches, attending football games, rough housing boys, etc. I am loving this life that we are building for our family.
When we bought our house almost a year ago (a year really?!) I honestly didn't really like it. But my husband was so sure about it. I was very skeptical. But I should have known to trust my husband. I have fallen in love with our neighborhood. And with all of the little updates that we've been doing to the house I can finally see my boys growing up in this house. We've planted grass in the front yard and I cannot believe how much of a difference that alone made and I can't wait to do the backyard in the spring. With the help of my mother we've cleaned up the garage so we can park our car in it. We've painted Jaxon's room, the living room, and taken down a huge wall of the ugliest wall paper ever. We've removed popcorn from the ceiling, hung curtains, and other small changes. This weekend we'll be painting our entryway, stair well, and hallway. I know it's a long process but I can finally see what my husband saw in this old house.
My life is so far from perfect but I've been trying really hard to find moments every day to enjoy and something to be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment