I'm determined to cut our spending, and the major way we're going to do this is to stop eating out. I've decided that I'm going to make myself make dinner everynight. I've signed up with loads of online recipe sites like, AllRecipes.com, TastyKitchen.com, FoodNetwork.com, and Delish.com. I made a list of 7 meals and all the ingredients needed and went shopping. This might sound weird, I know to my mom it will not, but I love grocery shopping! It's kinda like a scavenger hunt. Anyway this week I bought stuff that I've never even seen in my life before. Such as; green curry paste (yummy!), fish sauce (no comment), coconut milk, orange marmalade (I know it's sounds normal, but I've never had it, is it good?), etc. So far I've made dinner every night since, granted that was only 2 nights ago, but we're doing good! Last night I made a really delish dish. I got it straight from Delish. I really liked it, and I'm sure you will too. The recipe and some pictures follow. Just one note, I bought the fish sauce (from Albertsons) just for this recipe, and guess what? I forgot to put it in! That being said, if you are a skeptic of something called fish sauce (Jacob is!) i think it tasted great without it, but now I'm curious to see what it would taste like with it! I'll definitely be trying this one again. Oh! One more thing, I also forgot to make the rice before hand, I started making it in the rice cooker after I had already cooked the shrimp, but it took alot longer than I wanted.
Ok scratch that, I've decide I'm just gonna give you the link because it won't copy and paste, and I'm to lazy to retype it all out for you.
Thai Shrimp and Asparagus
Mmm! That looks so good! Bradford is a fan of fish sauce. He thinks it really helps out the flavor. I am still skeptical though because it smells awful. Once we put too much in some coconut soup and that was gross... but if you use the right amount its usually not even noticable, but enhances the other flavors. I love grocery shopping too. I don't know why really but its almost therapeutic.
ReplyDeleteSo can I hire you two to do my grocery shopping? I had never heard of fish sauce until Thai Delight. Apparently they use it in pretty much everything. Bravo on cooking! Nate and I set a goal to only eat out once a week, so far not so bad.
ReplyDelete